Smart Strategies for Successful Living offers free online learning resources that provide a thought-provoking and innovative look at how to promote quality aging for all. Its unique community-based website and newsletter are designed to provide a venue for people to exchange ideas on how to understand, embrace, and enhance their aging process. It includes articles and shared tips by community members and professionals on a variety of enjoyable and relevant subjects that focus on the personal growth and development of the older adult.
Location of website: www.agegracefullyamerica.com
Target Audience: As an internet source, people throughout the world readily have access to our website and newsletter. However, our readers tend to be adults worldwide with an interest in living and aging well. To attract viewers, we strive to optimize our search engine by using a variety of different approaches and techniques. You can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, FaceBook, and Pinterest.
Platform: Our website is on WordPress. While we can upload pictures, videos, tables, and documents, there are some limitations with our format and flexibility to post articles. Because we are a no-profit learning resource, we also have some funding constraints.
Scheduled Updates: The content of our website is regularly updated. We post the majority of our articles towards the beginning and middle of the month.
Website Content: The website consists of six content areas: Good Stuff (a catch-all for diverse articles of interest), Health & Wellness, Healthy Eating, Brain Health, Caregiving, and Heart & Soul. These categories may be subject to change in our ongoing efforts to respond to the demands of our audience and industry trends.
Use of Social Media: To maximize the viewing of our website, we are consistently sending out information via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, and community emails.
As a Guest Writer for our Website: Writing article posts for Smart Strategies for Successful Living should be both fun and rewarding. Your creativity to inspire and ability to provide meaningful content can and will encourage our readers to explore new ways to improve the quality of their life. While there is a distinct style to writing online, you will find that well-crafted articles will attract readers and build an audience of followers over time. Due to fierce online competition, establishing name recognition and popularity is a process that takes patience and commitment.
The following guidelines will provide you with a general overview on how to effectively write content for our website. As you review the different points, keep in mind that these are simply recommendations and in no way designed to stifle your creativity and talents in the art of writing.
As a side note, it is important to recognize that we are not blogging in its true sense with the diary style writings on specific topics of 500 words or less. We are providing our readers with concrete, professional articles that are designed to increase their awareness and provide tangible success strategies to improve their quality of aging.
**What are the ingredients for an effective article post?
- Understand your target audience and focus your articles in a way that will spark their interest. Use a humanistic approach that will motivate them to learn.
- Be cognizant that online readers tend to have a short attention span and will be less likely to tolerate a long and convoluted article than one that is short and on target. Maintain one central theme or subject when writing your article.
- Limit your article post to between 500 and 1200 words. Break up your articles with subheadings, introductory questions, and bullet points. Make it convenient for people to read your article in an online context.
- Create a title or heading for your article that is congruent with its content. Draw your audience to your article with a creative and unique title or heading. This is especially important if you want to maximize viewing of your article via internet searches.
- As you craft your article, hook your readers with your introduction and quality of content. Always include at least a couple of strategies for improvement that will motivate your readers to reconsider their approach to aging.
- Engage your audience by using questions to reflect on the key points of your article. Encourage them to be active and not passive readers.
- With your subject matter expertise, maintain a level of professionalism as you write your articles. Use correct spelling and grammar.
- Be respectful of intellectual property and copyright issues. Avoid using other people’s sources without first asking permissions and/or citing them as the primary source.
**How should you submit your completed article?
- To submit your article, make sure that it is in a finalized form and ready for posting. In most cases, there will be little to no editing upon receiving your article.
- Cite your name, title, credentials, and/or any other pertinent information as the closure to your article. While we promote an advertisement-free website, you are invited to refer your readers to your personal and/or professional website or to your contact information, including your email address and telephone.
- Save your article as a word document and send as an attachment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your article clean and easy to read. We recommend that you submit your article in Times Roman or Ariel in a font size of 12.
- There is no obligation to write for us. It should be done as a labor of love and because it is something that is inspirational to you.
Additional Tips on Creating Your Article Post
For additional tips on writing an exceptional article post, CLICK HERE.
How To Edit Your Own Writing: CLICK HERE.