- Posted: July 26, 2021
- By: Patricia K. Flanigan
A Simple Guide for Happy Living
Being happy is a state of mind that allows you to feel a range of positive emotions, including pleasure, joy, gratitude, contentment, and satisfaction. It drives how you view your everyday life by focusing your attitude and behavior towards the best in living.
Here are some simple strategies to guide you on your pathway to greater happiness.
(1) Stop worrying about what you might lose and focus on what you might gain.
(2) Start every day with an attitude of gratitude.
(3) Cherish even the smallest moments for those are what make up your life.
(4) Don’t look back with regret but move on with hope.
(5) Always believe that something wonderful is going to happen.
(6) You are a work in progress, so don’t give up when you make mistakes.
(7) Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you.
(8) Don’t take yourself too seriously.
(9) Use your imagination to envision new possibilities in life.
(10) Be a guiding light for others to follow.
(11) Attitudes are contagious. Make yours worth catching.
(12) Accept where you are in life and make the most of it every day.
(13) Take good care of your personal health and well-being.
(14) Get lost in what you love.
(15) Don’t allow others to define who you are or derail you from your dreams.
(16) Give out what you most want to come back.
(17) Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
(18) Never give up on the things that make you smile.
(19) Deal with problems before they deal with your happiness.
(20) Be the type of person you want to meet.
(21) Live your life to the fullest.
(22) Don’t allow yourself to operate below your potential.
(23) Choose to be optimistic…It feels better.
(24) Believe in yourself, and you will be unstoppable.
Remember: You are the artist that creates yourself. How you choose to frame your life is up to you.
Pull together by: Patricia K. Flanigan, Smart Strategies for Successful Living
Patricia K. Flanigan has worked in higher education for over 28 years. She holds a doctoral degree in Organizational Leadership from the University of La Verne as well as a M.A. in Latin American Studies and B.A. in Anthropology from the University of California, Los Angeles. Before retiring and moving to Idaho in 2015, she served as the dean of online education and learning resources at Saddleback College, a large community college in Southern California. She currently consults in higher education, volunteers for AARP, writes for a local magazine, and serves as an Affiliate Faculty member at Boise State University and on the Board for LEARN Idaho. Since February 2017, she has been the founding director for Smart Strategies for Successful Living, a community-based website designed to promote quality aging. As an educator, her focus is to inspire others to live and age well.
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- January 1018