The first 10 minutes after you wake up are the most influential time, so it’s important to have a mindful routine and ritual in place to make sure your mind and body are happy from the start.
To set your day up for success, include these 8 habits as part of your morning routine.
(1) No Snooze: Choose a time to get up and tell yourself that the snooze button isn’t even an option.
(2) Stretch: Stretching first thing in the morning has several health benefits, including muscle and joint flexibility, stress, relief, and improved circulation.
(3) Water: About 60% of your body is made of water, and after sleeping for 7 – 8 hours without water, your parched body is practically begging to be replenished. Appease it!
(4) Meditation: While you are still in bed, take a few minutes to ground yourself through meditation.
(5) Breakfast: Breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helping you burn calories through the day. There are so many health benefits to eating a healthy breakfast!
(6) Music: You might want to start your morning with upbeat music, or you prefer something calming and relaxing; whatever you chose, be sure it makes you feel good and charges your morning!
(7) No Phone: Turn off your phone notifications. If you’re worried about emergencies, just flip your phone over to its “do not disturb” mod; the people who need you will be able to reach you.
(8) Read: When you choose to read a positive, encouraging book, this practice is something that makes a big difference. Turn off the music and the phone, and take a few minutes to soak your mind in word.
Source: This Kathryn Girl/Simple & Whole Living